Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 14th

After last night, I knew I had to go into work and say that I was unhappy here and needed to be changed. It was very difficult to disappoint people like Mr. Ajit and Mr. Nelson who have helped me so much over the past two weeks. But after I explained to them that I have not been mentally stimulated and have felt very unsafe in the area they understood. We then discussed the different options of where I could go and decided that the best area would be one that they would allow guests to roam freely off the Leela property. I was suggested to head down to the Southern Tail of India at a resort called Kovalam in Kerala. This branch of the Leela is very nice and has a beautiful property on the water. I truly do believe this is a better fit for me. Once I explained how I was not happy with the work they were giving me, Mr. Ajit suggested that I start auditing the restaurants (basically being a food critic!)! It was so much fun, I really loved it. I staretd at “Great Wall” the true Chinese restaurant. I was able to try many things on the menu, including lobster, dumplings, noodles, rice, and a delicious dessert that was chocolate spring rolls with vanilla ice cream! After I had my lunch, I went back to the training center and wrote a two page report on everything I noticed the restaurant did well, and what things the restaurant could do better. I did notice that the service workers (wait staff) in India receive absolutely NO respect from anyone. The customers are rude and disrespectful and treat them like garbage. And the server cannot do anything about it! I finally started to make friends as well. I think that the Leela Mumbai wants to make sure that I leave this area with a good taste in my mouth – and they are doing a great job at it! I have been told that Kovalam is not only beautiful but also very health conscious and healthy for foreigners. Many people just drink coconut water instead of normal water because it is so fresh and prevalent in the area. The rest of the day I hung around the training center speaking to Mom and Dad and making sure that I was making the right decision to leave Mumbai – which I think I am. Mr. Nelson then told me that I am leaving this weekend! I cannot believe it, I knew it was going to happen but it has happened so soon. Once I left work, Manpreet wanted to come back to Gayatri to see her new room and make sure that everything would fit. The two of us and her friend Rajiv went to Bandra again for dinner! It was great, they took me to a beautiful area called the boatwalk which is right on the ocean and is one of the most expensive living areas in Mumbai. We then went to a very popular and famous “all veg” restaurant and ordered many little delicious things, my favorite being a dish called chaat. I then went back to my favorite shoe shop and bought a few more pairs for everyone! I finally got home and spoke to mom for a while and promised her that I would call the Embassy tomorrow, which I will come 10:00 AM. I am looking forward to tomorrow because I am going to get to eat breakfast at Citrus restaurant and it is French themed because of bastille day! YUM! Julian, dad’s friend, made such a funny joke. When dad asked him what Kovalam was like compared to where I am now, he said, “If the Leela Mumbai is the Bronx, The Leela Kovalam is Bronxville.” Case solved.


MY NEW HOME:



https://www.theleela.com/hotel-kovalam.html

No comments:

Post a Comment