Wednesday, July 14, 2010



















I couldn’t believe it this morning when I woke up and it was sunny. I was so shocked! I slept in a little too late and had to quickly get ready before Gayatri came to take me by rickshaw. We had such trouble this morning grabbing a rickshaw we had to share with one other person – it was a tight ride. The normal rickshaw commute takes about ten minutes, but the traffic this morning was so bad it took us around 30 minutes to just reach the Leela! I quickly ran upstairs but then just hung around the Front Office all day like I normally do, it was quite boring. I was lucky though, I became thirsty and went to the cafeteria for some water at the exact moment they were putting gout the leftover desserts from the breakfast restaurant upstairs (Citrus)! I was able to eat a muffin with dates in it and a donut which tasted nothing like a normal donut. I was so lucky, it felt like I could have been back in the US, although there were Indians all around me. Then, I shuffled back up to the Front Office where I sat waiting for the telephone department to figure out my internet situation, which they told me will not be fixed until tomorrow. When High Tea came around (4 pm) I went to the training center to drink with Manpreet. Mr. Ajit surprised us by buying Dominos pizza for the four of us. I thought, wow what a food day for me! I am so lucky! WRONG I pull away my piece and what do I find: they use MAYONASSE instead of TOMATO SAUCE and COTTAGE CHEESE instead of MOZZERLLA I almost barfed. But to be polite, I somehow managed to eat one slice and smile. I will never be ordering pizza in India again. The rickshaw home was nice, but then I became homesick once I got home. I called mom and cried a lot but talked things over with dad. Grandma is worried I am going to get really sick here, but I think I will be ok. Tomorrow, I am talking things over with Mr. Nelson and Mr. Ajit to see if I can get some stimulating work. For dinner, Shiny and Heer taught me how to make an Indian egg dish called “Egg Burgi” and it was so good. Mom wants me to get out of here, but I’m not sure about all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment