Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 12th

I woke up nice and early today and almost finished my third book since arriving to India: Water to Elephants. I was able to take a rickshaw easily again this morning but this time the driver tried to rip me off because I was foreign. I had to argue with him for a few minutes before he gave me the fare price. Once I arrived at work I picked up my laundry and added more money to my cellphone so I can text the USA. The front desk was CRAZYY today – so much going on. There were so many check-ins this morning and they were one person down. I was specifically following a nice guy named Rajdeep. We asked me if I had ever heard of the University of Denver – HA. I was hysterical and started reminiscing so much, only making me miss it more. He then continued to say that he was going there in the fall for his MBA, needless to say I flipped out. I learned how to use the operating system at the hotel, Opera, and how to communicate appropriately with the guests. The first guest that I was able to interact with was and India-Canadian. He looked at me and said, “You don’t look Indian.” What a great way to start off. I then started to make friends with everyone at the front desk and had a great time. I ate everything at lunch, including the lamb, and luckily for me there was my favorite watermelon. The hotel went through a minor misstep today when no non-smoking rooms were available. Because of this they had to upgrade all the guests to the Royal Club! The Royal Club is my new favorite area. It is the top two floors and the exclusive, expensive, and luxurious club with food everywhere and liquor overflowing the guests classes. I then had to write a report for Mr. Ajit about my findings in the front desk – which were almost all positive. The hotel finally provided me with internet, but it doesn’t work! I’ll have to fix that tomorrow. Once I left work it took me 40 minutes to catch a rickshaw that would take me home!! If I could cross the street safely, I would have just walked. I was so hungry for dinner, but there was no one ot walk with me to get it. O well, I guess I’ll just have to wait for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment